A Christmas Update

Hello again.

It's been quite a long time since I was last able to post anything here. Unfortunately, straight after I got back to university from the Sherlocked weekend I had to begin writing and submitting essays and reports (which I managed to get two Firsts in, by the way), which has meant that I have either had no time to myself or have been so tired that all I wanted to do was sleep or binge watch some tv shows on Netflix. You know how it goes.

Since October, I have had a birthday. Yes, I know, all very exciting. I have entered my final year of being a teenager which means that shit truly is about to get real (if it hasn't already). I'm not sure if I'll make it all the way but I'll give it a good go.

As I mentioned before, I submitted one essay and one report for the psychology side of my course. I got 82% on one and 75% on the other, which I am very, very proud of myself for. It can only go down-hill from here, so I'm going to cherish this moment while it lasts. Now I need to start revising for my exams which I'm convinced I'm going to fail. Not really sure how I'm going to get all the information in my head by the 10th January but we'll see how it goes.

In other news, I'm home! Yes, it's true. I managed to survive the four and a half hour journey back to Rugby and I'm now safe, bored and alone in an empty house with a dog who would rather be anywhere but near me. It's quite the life I've built for myself here. I honestly can't wait to be back in Aberystwyth and with my flatmates again. I've missed them all, even if they drive me up the wall.

I've also managed to re-watch series four of Sherlock for the first time since it aired (because I now have it on Blu-Ray and they've put it back on iplayer) and I'm not too sure how I feel about the whole thing. 'The Six Thatchers' isn't really my thing, it's more for information about Mary than anything else, and then she gets a rubbish death when she deserved far better. 'The Lying Detective' is my favourite episode of the thirteen because it's so dark. And I haven't rewatched 'The Final Problem' yet, but Sian Brooke is in it considerably more so all will be okay in the World when I do watch it.

As for Christmas, it has been a good day. I received lots of nice things from my mum and her boyfriend, including syrups to help me make cocktails. My mum and I walked Sully (our Tibetan Mastiff) together and then we had curry for dinner. A curry that had been left to mature overnight so was even hotter than normal.

And then came Doctor Who. This episode was special to me because I have grown rather fond of Peter Capaldi's Twelfth Doctor, and I didn't think I was quite ready to let him go just yet. I wasn't the biggest fan of him in the beginning, I will admit. Recently, after the tenth series with Bill Potts, I have found him to be my second favourite Doctor out of the four that I have seen. He's kind, he's honourable, he's wise, and he's vulnerable. More than anything though, he is brave. Twelve became a Doctor that would give out words of wisdom, his experiences channelling through every word. He loved and he lost and he kept on going and he inspired me to become a better person. I'll miss him.

I hope to meet Peter Capaldi someday and tell him how much I appreciate him.

Now we're onto a new era of Doctor Who in the form of the Thirteenth Doctor, Jodie Whittaker. I'm excited to see how her version develops and whether there will be any repercussions of not wanting to regenerate and/or falling from so high up out of the Tardis. I just hope that she's funny, brave, happy and has a lot of fun on her adventures.


While I'm waiting for the adventure to begin again, I shall be revising, catching up with an old friend, wishing that I was a better person, attempting to lose weight by counting the calories I have every day, failing my exams and generally being an awful person. So, that's always something to look forward to in the New Year.

Not sure I'll think of anything to write about before 2018, so this will probably be my last post of the year.

Here is some Doctor Who photos I stole from Twitter:







No comments